Sunday, August 14, 2011

Layout: Starting Point Challenge

Another layout inspired by Shimelle!





These pictures were taken in the summer of 2008 when I traveled to France and Germany. On our trip we saw many beautiful sights and places, but this was my favorite part of the trip. Moving from the hustle and bustle of the big city of Paris, into a smaller city of Strasbourg, then into the Black Forest. Getting back to nature- more like home and less like a concrete, foreign land. I love traveling and experiencing other cultures, but Paris was overwhelming for me. After a long layover and overnight flight, we had just enough time to set our luggage down and hit the ground running. I don’t think I was able to process being abroad, let alone in a land where I didn’t know the language . Outside of my ballet knowledge, I could say hello, please, cheese, and thank you. Yep. I was ill prepared for the trip but I fared better once we arrived in Germany!

3 comments:

  1. LOve the pictures and the pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for the sweet comment you left about my layout done for the scrap weekend with Shimelle. I hope you had as much fun playing as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are stunning. such a lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!